Monday 31 March 2014

A much needed and important clarification.



Dear Friends,

I would like to write this very publicly to clarify some of what I spoke about on my blog yesterday.

I was attempting to express some of the sadness I feel at having lost an important person from my life.

I wish to stress that I was absolutely in no way insinuating that my own mother has been in any way inadequate. I love my mum with great depth. She has always been there for me, supporting and loving me, taking delight in my work, providing for me and giving me every good thing that I have needed to make me the person that I am now. For that I will be forever deeply grateful. She has been strong and patient, even when facing her own hardships and illnesses, and is a constant inspiration to me, particularly when times are difficult.

I love you mum. And if what I wrote yesterday has caused you deep pain or humiliation or caused anyone to misunderstand the sincere and deep affection that I have for you, or how incredibly valuable and beautiful our relationship is, then I am very deeply sorry. It was not at all intended, and I apologise from the very bottom of my soul. You brought me into this world and have brought me through it with great joy and determination. I want to thank you for everything, from snail hunts in the rain and pet budgerigars to your endless love and patience in trying to get me to understand just a little bit more maths and to the very simple things like hugs, patching me up after a fall, listening to me cry about my latest woes or cooking me a wonderful meal upon returning home. 

You hold my heart and you always have done and you always will.

All my love,

Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment